Thursday, March 10, 2011

I Get a Kick Out of You

My, how Baby has grown!

From a line on a test, to a tiny indistinguishable bump, to a heartbeat in a doctor's office, to a ten 1/2 inch, 12 ounce mini-child, motherhood is turning out to be amazing.

Granted, it's gross. I smell everything. I puke a lot. I'm tired. I can't control my gas. A miniscule amount of garlic makes me smell of it for 12 hours. But my favorite, most motivating thing thus far has not been the growing belly but....

The kicks.







As any veteran mom knows, they start out like gas, little bubbles that leave you questioning. Was that the baby? Or should I have skipped the onions?

But then, almost out of nowhere, Baby kicked. Baby kicked HARD.

One of the amazing things to me is how my baby will kick to get my attention, and if I tap my belly or place my hand, the baby will kick smack dab in the middle of it. It's my first bonding experience. This is more than "I'm eating food you're eating!" This is more than "I can hear your heart." This is, "Here is my hand, HI! I love you," and getting a response. This is the baby loving me so much. This is my baby saying, "Feel how strong I am!" And then I remember why I decided to follow through with this pregnancy thing in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment